Re: OT: Daniel Lanois

oh man!! i was never a real daniel lanois guy-ya know "producer to the
stars"-"bob dylan's go to guy"-"friends w/ emmylou"-etc. but he did an
'instore' @ borders here in sf.ca. a coupla weeks ago and i was blown
away!!
he had a bass guy and guitar guy and he did some songs from his new album
<shine> and it was just the sweetest, most heartfelt performance i've seen
in a long time-so inspirational. he sat down a few times and played these
haunting solo pedal steel instros and there were a hundred people in his
grasp,spellbound...
he did a meet&greet after and i got to talk to him fer a minute...i
mentioned my love of <lexicon pcm42s> and he agreed that it was a sweet
unit
that he has been known to use on recordings...
i left totally uplifted and inspired-what a rare treat.
he is comin back to town in june and i hope to be there.
about as musical as it ever gets

stan