Re: Here's a scary example of what I've received

I really don't think that you should be acting quite as innocent and
bewildered as you are considering the quantity of vitriol that you poured
out in your original post.   I think that another fuse was lit when you
spoke of manipulating your classroom discussions.   smack hard and you get
smacked back, ipso facto.
but one thing that really struck me about this thread is a quality of the
"looping community" that I have noticed before.   Those musicians looping
generally fall either to the far left or right.   I guess the
do-it-yourself
psychedelic trip offered by loop gear draws the hippies and heads and the
personal control of all that sound draws nazi right wingers who are sick of
having to deal with "stoned slacker" musician types.   The loopers that I
know locally certainly fall either pretty far left or right.   Another
observation that may or may not be true is that it seems more loopers are
conservatively bent than any other single group of musicians outside of the
competition, classical set.
I am settling into my liberal ways, after having been somewhat conservative
in my younger days.   But after having to deal with one particular "nazi"
for years, I have to say there is room for argument on both sides of this
pot issue.  Plenty of time is slacked away being stoned at practice, but a
stickectomy is sorely needed by some asses, and their music perhaps
reflects
this.

lance