Re: Laptop Looping questions

In a message dated 5/23/03 1:29:35 PM, tarbit@hotmail.com writes:

<< but I need some help….

1. I have a ‘old’ G3 powerbook 500meg 512 ram running 9.2. Should I
install

OSX?>>

I would say no on that. If you have it running 9.2 and stable don't mess
with
it. I have heard that you need a different processing configuration for OS
than the old G3 has. Just anecdotal, but in any case, much mac music
software
seems to be still in pre-X mode.

<<<4. What would be a good BUT cheap VST host for the 42? Or do I have to
get

Cuebase/Logic ($$) setup etc? >>>

There is Cubasis which is around $79 now I think, although it seems they
are
either discontinuing it or not making an upgrade to OS X. There is also a
version of Logic in the $99 range. Still, you will need to contact the
psp42
makers (webpage?) and see what's compatible. These are basically Lite
versions of
the software that cannot handle some vst thingies.
hope that helps

regards
BobC

The Thumb Piano Project