Re: LIVE LOOPING: a definition

I was hoping someone would answer my question by
saying "No, that's process music."

Which, in turn, would raise the question: in such a
case, at what point does 'live looping' leave off and
'process music' begin? It definitely *started* as live
looping. Even though I wasn't actively adding to the
loops while I was writing the e-mail, I could've
jumped back in at any moment. Is it the length of the
pauses? Is it the fact that at a certain point I
ceased to provide live input and let the machines
continue to phase-slip the loops, even though it
wasn't clear whether or not I'd be back to play some
more notes or not. We're talking about one piece of
music...

Note also that my description of this music doesn't
even begin to convey what it actually sounds like. In
this case, it could probably be called 'dark ambient'
or something, but it really could have been a lot of
things.

-t-