Re: Problems Using Ableton Live As A Live Looper

On Oct 23, 2004, at 11:44 AM, Mech wrote:

> At 09:07 AM 10/23/2004, soam wrote:
>
>> Whenever I record in Live using a MIDI foot pedal the audio starts
>> recording too late and the audio stops recording too late. I guess
>> this has to do with my quantization settings and trigger settings.
>> Can someone give me some tips please? Thanks
>
> If you're looping live, try using Ableton merely as your host program
> and something like Augustus Loop for capturing your loops.  I think
> the timing should work out a bit better.
>
> Also, as you mentioned, you may have some quantization settings a bit
> whacked.  Since Augustus Loop isn't tied into those settings, a quick
> test should begin narrowing down the source of the problem.
>
> If you're still having problems (even with Augustus), then I'd start
> to examine your MIDI setup.  You could be having latency/system load
> issues which are affecting the timing of your triggers.

I can't get Augustus Loop to loop for a few bars, even if i put "16" in
"beats".

What would happen if I used no quantization for recording? Hmm....I'd
probably need it for playback though.

Ableton live records with latency if I don't use Software monitoring. I
have to use SOftware monitroing for the wave to line up right. Strange
huh?

I think my MIDI set-up is fine...

Thanks