Re: Problems Using Ableton Live As A Live Looper

On Oct 23, 2004, at 18:08, soam wrote:

> I can't get Augustus Loop to loop for a few bars, even if i put "16"
> in "beats".

No one can :-)  August quantizes on loop length. You have to think
"looping with a tape delay" when working with Augustus. The Freeze Loop
button is the one to address. Whenever the Freeze button is OFF the
plug-in is recording and overdubbing into the loop.

> Ableton live records with latency if I don't use Software monitoring.

I solved this problem (Live 4) by using one track for my audi input and
monitoring (Monitor tag set to "On") and then I was recording clips (if
this is what you mean by "looping in Live"?) on second track with the
monitor tag set to "Auto", which applies Live's latency compensation to
recorded clips.

Launching recorded clips works a bit different according to the
preferences settings for Lunch Mode.

Greetings from Sweden

Per Boysen
---