Re: In search of a NEW effect --- was: Fill my rack!

David Kirkdorffer wrote:
> Luca -  I think Luca's point about "building a complex algorithm that
>can be
> easily modified by a performer on the fly without drop-outs and during
> performance" (my words) is the "other-side" of the same argument -- again
> it's about the interface.  Luca wants a fast, and easily manipulated
> interface so he can keep his mind on the playing.

I couldn't agree more.  The real "killer app" for live performance
isn't going to be a plugin effect, it will be the host.  Ableton Live
probably qualifies as a modern classic in that regard, though none of
the hosts I'm aware of do a particularly good job of reconfiguring
effect parameters and routing dynamically (SUS Bleem anyone?).

Once hosts mature, the hundreds of weirdo plugins become more
interesting because you can use them selectively, and perhaps
automatically, to add variety.

Jeff