In search of a NEW effect --- was: Fill my rack!

Mark -

I agree with your message here - there doesn't seem to be many new
imaginative effects being constructed in hardware for punters to purchase.
Just re-hashes of what have been done before.  And who wants another chorus
or flanger or distortion? :-)

So, I conclude naively that the cool new stuff is being concocted by
individuals on their computers.

While I think getting a cool sax-a-like sound from a kazoo and an octave
pedal run through a Marshall has it's merits, such old-school cooking is a
dying breed.

So, I guess I'm conceding some "old-fogyness" when I ask this next
question:
"If in the past we've called some well loved effects things like
"modulators" and "pitch shifters" and the like, what are the names of the
new since 2000 signal-warping effects????????

Please help -- I'm about out of permutations and combinations of the
sound-painting equipment I own!!!

David Kirkdorffer