Re: In search of a NEW effect --- was: Fill my rack!

On May 28, 2005, at 7:03, David Kirkdorffer wrote:

> So, I guess I'm conceding some "old-fogyness" when I ask this next
> question:
> "If in the past we've called some well loved effects things like
> "modulators" and "pitch shifters" and the like, what are the names
> of the
> new since 2000 signal-warping effects????????
>
> Please help -- I'm about out of permutations and combinations of the
> sound-painting equipment I own!!!
>
> David Kirkdorffer

- Controller Interface!

I'd definitely say that it's now all about Interface; better ways to
connect man and machine for intuitive interaction. We already have
all the signal warping algorithms we would ever need. With todays
arsenal you can do almost everything with sound. But you can not do
it easily. That's the department that still sucks big time!

Greetings from Sweden

Per Boysen
www.looproom.com (international)
www.boysen.se (Swedish)