Re: Delurk, intro and a couple of questions.

On Jul 24, 2005, at 13:14, Hartung, Kris wrote:

> Per, have you tried the Ernie Ball volume pedal? I use it primarily
> because, number one is is built like a tank, and two it has a very
> wide sweep control with the foot, unlike the feel on, let's say, a
> Roland EV5 expression pedal. That's how I get my volume swells,
> keyboard/organ emulations, etc. I like the control and spartan
> design of the pedal.
>
> Kris

Thanks for the tip. No, I have not tried them. For analog tone attack
swelling I do prefer the strats' volume knob. The volume pedal I have
to use now when looping is not analog, it uses MIDI to address a
volume block in my FireworX. However, for some patches this is
actually quite good - compared to analog swelling (pedal or knob)
happening before the rack input - because I can decide on where in
the fx process chain I want to place that volume block (inside the
fireworX).

My second aversion for using a volume pedal is also strictly
personal; I don't like to play in a sitting position. You have to sit
down to be able to adjust volume with one foot while adjusting
looping parameters with the other foot. With the guitar knob I can
adjust volume at the same time that I'm both playing and adjusting
looping parameters with one foot (balancing on the other foot... he,
he. yes, this is fun). Playing guitar with a bow is very difficult
when sitting down.

Greetings from Sweden

Per Boysen
www.looproom.com (international)