Re: Using a laptop onstage: twisty little passages

At 1:12 PM -0600 1/6/06, Jeff Larson wrote:

>Ah Adventure, I think I had to retake a college course because of that
>one.
>It actually predates the Commodore 64, the first version was released in
>1977,
>was written in Fortran, and ran on mainframes and what were at the time
>called
>"minicomputers".  Zork shares some of the same DNA but came along
>afterward.
>
>If anyone is interested (and gosh, who wouldn't be?) there is a history
>of the
>game here:
>
>   http://www.csd.uwo.ca/Infocom/Articles/NZT/zorkhist.html

Heh!  Not really loop-related, but a fun read nonetheless!  I'd
mention playing Star Trek on a mainframe in a campus lab that didn't
even have monitors (the interface was entirely through those big
yard-long dot-matrix printers), but that's really starting to make me
feel old.  ;)

Thanks Jeff!!!

        --m.

--
_______
"You are in a maze of twisty little passages, all alike..."