RE: EDP and StylusRMX

At 12:26 AM 1/22/2006, hazard factor wrote:
>  I am now figuring out how the EDP sends the
>StartSong message as soon as the loop is closed- Stylus is starting like
>it
>is supposed to, within Sonar. However...and maybe I don't quite have this
>yet....the master tempo in Sonar isn't changing. So the EDP is sending a
>StartSong message, the rhythm starts, but at whatever tempo is previously
>set to the default in Sonar, not any new tempo.

It sounds like you are missing some setting in Sonar.

>Does StartSong contain tempo
>info, or does it just, um, start the sequencer?

MIDI StartSong command means "start the sequencer at the next MIDI clock
command". It doesn't have any tempo info. Tempo is then defined by the
frequency of the following MIDI clock commands.

You might also find the various ReAlign and Tempo type commands in LoopIV
interesting. Many of them were designed just for working with sequencers
like you are doing.

kim