re:nonaligned radio

  I did some stuff on KBOO summer of '78. I did Radio Esoterica on KBVR
the
OSU station,in Corvallis on and off between  '75 and 82 or 3. I was never
student-my version of pirate radio was to just take over a slot.No -one
ever
thought to ask if I was a student. I'd been around when people did that at
WGTU in DC,the Georgetown U station. There are a number of Micro pirate
stations  I knew some people  in the 90s who broadcast with this little
tiny
15 watt transmitters,and they'd get several people around the SF/Berkely
/Oakland doing it simultaneoulsy ,which made them almost impossible to
catch
,cause you have to triangulate to locate a signal source. Years ago I knew
someone who would broadcast from a van-a moving signal is also hard to
locate. Berkely and Santa Cruz have Free radio stations that have been
going
for years.Periodically the FCC siezes their equip,but they get some more
and
continue-maybe change broadcast freq.
  There are actually fairly cheap freqs on AM radio in  many area. I've
been
picking up tis statioin that broadcasts in Hindi,Urdu ,Punjabi mostly talk
,but they play a lot of Filmi and Indian Pop some of which is very cool.
Very low broadcats standards they constantly cut things off  and jump
around
, volume changes radically.Radio Hamasafer I pick up a Chinese AM station
too,I just listen to the sound of the language,like it's music it's
probably
  all ads ,I can't even tell.

http://club.live.com/chicktionary.aspx?icid=chick_hotmailtextlink2