Re: Very OT: Zeitgeist, The Movie... WAS... Semi-OT: Int'l Travellers' Laptops Confiscated...

On 8/3/08, Dave <prog.music.freak@gmail.com> wrote:
> One thing they did leave out of the astronomy stuff is that the pyramids
>are
> laid out the same as Orion's belt, size and position-wise.
>
> How do you think they're stretching it? I think they're just explaining
>how
> the archeoastronomers saw it. I suppose without peripheral lighting, the

The archeoastronomers didn't think the stars in Orion's belt pointed
perfectly at Sirius, as shown in the diagram in the video. Why doesn't
he just shown an accurate star diagram?

http://www.mythicalireland.com/ancientsites/newgrange/orion-sirius.jpg

It suits his purposes better to move the stars a little bit.

The ancients also knew that the stars stayed in the same positions all
year long, and the (almost) alignment of Orion's belt with Sirius was
constant, not just in December. The facts have been BENT. It makes me
wonder what else is being bent.

But I still found this enlightening, I had never heard of the
parallels between Jesus and these other religious figures.

--
Mark Smart
http://cdbaby.com/cd/marksmart