RE: Rypdal?

>I noticed that a couple listed Terje Rypdal as an influence.  I haven't
>heard (him?).  Can someone please fill me in?

>---------------------------------------
>Chris Chovit
>cho@gomez.jpl.nasa.gov

  Terje Rypdal is a Norwegian guitarist who plays a combination of styles
including jazz, ambient, fusion, etc. which for me is kind of hard to
describe.  His melodies are soft textured with ocassional course edges.
He has a very distinct tone and uses various effects including loops.  You
really need to listen for yourself.  In my oppinion, his best work is the
CD "Blue" on ECM records.  For more information on Terje and a discography
go see   "www.ecmrecords.com/ecm/bio/8.html"

Steve Murrell
smurrell@ford.com