RE: Beyond Fripp (long)

> it seems that Riley was indeed using a very similar methodology,
>>although the
exact nature of the work that he describes seems
>more along the lines of playing and recording silently, then stopping the
>instrumental performance and playing back some of the saxophone, >which
>is a
different sort of beast.  (Of course, I may well be in error >about
this...)

As far as I understood he just did this when during his all-night
concerts, he
needed to have a break and didn't want to interrupt his spaced-out (or
asleep)
audience. Many years ago, I saw 2 or 3 evening concerts and he played
along with
his delay all the time, although at that time I had no clear idea of what
he was
exactly doing.

>I hope I didn't give you the impression that I was ignoring your
>>contributions
to the web page.

Thanks, no that's alright Andre, I just wanted to make sure. <g>

Michael Peters
private:        100041.247@compuserve.com
work:   mp@harold-scholz.de
http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/mpeters