Zoom 508 delay vs. Steinway pianos vs. Klein guitars

Dear T.W. Hartnett:

Thanks for your informative post about the Zoom 508 but the LoOpDoctOrs
must take issue with this destructive notion that looping is largely in the
realm of the studio.  We want equipment that words LIVE and in the studio.
We are not happy with the mindset that produces technology that can only be
accessed if you "have the instructions."

We are excited about both the Jamman and Echoplex, however, at the same
time, we are deeply disgruntled with the state of their ergonomic art (and
we mean by that the cumulative impact of firmware/software/and
hardware)...and feel strongly that the "studio" mentality has contributed
to some of the mistakes in design that make these pieces more difficult to
use live then they need be.

We will be elated when the people responsible for designing the next
generation of loopers become as thoughtful about the real world live
application of their creations as say Steve Klein was when he designed his
incredible electric guitar, or the Steinway family was when they produced
the grandest of grand pianos

In short, here's a test: put a Klein guitar or a Steinway piano in front of
a five  year old who has never SEEN a guitar or a piano before.  With both
instruments that said five year old will immediately get it.  He will sit
down and begin strumming or plunking away, and he will accomplish this
because the Klein guitar and the Steinway piano have been adapted to make
music with the human mind and body (even a tiny one).  Now put the Zoom 508
pedal in front of that same five year old...within a very short time he
will throw it across the room.

In short, the Loopdoctors while not starving exactly, remain darn hungry
when it comes to looper ergonomics.  And we still think that when dug up in
future archeological expeditions, Zoom products will be mistaken for
windshield scrapers, arch supports, or tax notarization devices, rather
then what the nominally intended to be...music makers for real human
beings.

Best,
The LoOpDoctOrs