John Stevens' Barrage

> >Actually, the best looping show I saw at UCSD was by John Stevens, a
> >guitar-playing maniac on the faculty.  He does have a CD out, which I
> >hope to get around to writing a review about someday.  Needless to say,
> >this CD has less to do with Fripp and occupies the more abrasive end of
> >the tonal spectrum.
> >
> This sounds very cool, what's the title/label?

The title is Barrage and the label is A Planet Of Loose Change

The address given on the CD is

205 1/2 Park Ave.
Long Beach, CA 90803-1748

John's email is jstevens@ucsd.edu

I listened to the CD again.  When I examined John's setup at the live show,
he had two or three full racks of gear.  The show took place before the
release
of the Jam Man or the Oberheim Echoplex so I don't know what he was using
for
looping.  I would say the music has more in common with Fred Frith than
with
Robert Fripp; lots of feedback and "industrial" type sounds (jackhammers,
sirens, etc.) by manipulating his guitar and effects in certain ways.

Paolo Valladolid