Re: Midi standards

At 07:00 PM 8/4/97 -0700, Sean Echevarria wrote:
>At 09:48 PM 8/4/97 -0400, see my signature wrote:
>>Actually, there is a relatively simple solution.  For about $275
>>new/$150
>>used, you can buy a JL Cooper MSB+ Rev2.  This pup can store 75 separate
>>midi presets.  It can filter midi messages, merge 'em, bump 'em (and
>>grind
>>em?)  One preset could send program change from foot controller to
>>GSP2101
>>only, while another sends programs change only to the Jamman.  Simple!

>2 - forgetting about the above point, for the money you may as well buy a
>dedicated program change footpedal for the jamguy and keep it on its own
>MIDI chain

Actually, for that much you could buy a used footpedal that sends just
about
any midi command and could probably handle both units. I got my digitech
pmc-10 for $100. It can store 500 presets! It even has a midi in, which in
addition to letting you back up and restore, can also do midi filtering and
merging if you need it. Heck, it even sends sysex! Back in the old days,
people actually thought it might be useful for a footpedal to handle more
than a micro-subset of the midi spec. But then, they also thought guitar
players might be smarter than a lump of clay. Good thing those ideas got
put
down! Jeez, you can't make a buck that way!  :-)

kim
Kim Flint                      408-752-9284
Mpact System Engineering       kflint@chromatic.com
Chromatic Research             http://www.chromatic.com