Fela : RIP

At 07:35 PM 8/4/97 -0800, you wrote:
>I just learned that Fela Anikulapo Kuti, Nigerian musician, bandleader and
>activist died friday in his sleep.

oh my god!! that's quite a shock ?? how old was he ?? early/mid 50s ??
Strange/funny - i had just just thought a lot about Fela, having NOT
thought
of him in ages - but reading up on the new Eno at some website - several
quotes from mr Eno - lauded Fela - and he said how he had TONS of his
albums. - This caused me to think how lame i was for only having 1 or 2
??@!!!!! But, having heard quite a few of 'em... then i actually wondered
where he was, what doing, etc. Very strange. And sad.

anyone unfamiliar with this man - check it out... another GENIUS , yes, the
comparisons to Miles, Sun Ra, etc are right on.... Talking heads from
Remain
in light to the next 3-4 albums would not exist without him and his
hybrid.... there's a great album he did in like 1970 with ginger baker
also... whew. another one gone. our counter culture is dying. we must
preserve it.

andre'

"Nothing will benefit health and increase the chances of survival on earth
as the evolution to a vegetarian diet"

- Albert Einstein

"Let food be thy medicine, and medicine be thy food"
"Physician, do no harm"

- Hippocrates, who doctors somehow take an oath on....

check out my natural food store website>>
http://www.monmouth.com/~secondnature