From:  Loopers-Delight[SMTP:Loopers-Delight@annihilist.com]
Sent:  Tuesday, August 19, 1997 10:48 AM
To:  Loopers-Delight
Cc:  Loopers-Delight; robin.b2
Subject:  RE: JamMan memory problems, Part 2

At 11:11 AM 8/19/97, Hogan, Greg wrote:
>Good explanation Robin,
>
>JAMMAN does not test the DRAM at power up.  You can run a DRAM test as
>follows:Start with the power off.  Hold down the "RESET/Bypass" and
>"Function" buttons and turn the machine on.  You should get a "d" in the
>display.  Release the buttons.  Press and release the "RESET/BYPASS"
>button.  You should know have a number between 0 and 15 which
corresponds
>with the position of the Mode encoder.  Turn the mode encoder to "PUNCH
>IN LOOP 4."  You should now have a "6" in the display.  Press and
release
>the "RESET/BYPASS" button to run the test.  If the test fails you will
>have a hexidecimal number between 1 and F flashing in the display which
>will indicate which DRAM is failing as follows:1=U20, 2=U21, 3=U20 &
U21,
>4=U22, 5=U20 & U22, 6=U21 & U22, 7=U20, U21 & U22, 8=U23, 9=U20 & U23,
>A=U21 & U23, B =U20, U21 & U23, C=U22 & U23, D=U20, U22 & U23, E=U21,
U22
>& U23, F= U20, U21, U22, & U23.
>
>I hope this helps.
>
>Please let me know if you have any questions or if there is anything
that
>I can do for you.
>
>Best regards,
>
>Greg Hogan
>Lexicon Customer Service
>Phone 6172-280-0372
>FAX 617-280-0499

Greg, this is exactly the information I need, profound thanks for the
post.
Perhaps this should go onto the JamMan page at Kim's site?

So, I ran the above diagnostic, and I get a "+" in the lower left corner
of
the display. I presume this means that the DRAM checks out, right?

Still mystified and running on 15 bits...

Dave Trenkel : improv@peak.org  : www.peak.org/~improv/

"...there will come a day when you won't have to use
gasoline. You'd simply take a cassette and put it in
your car, let it run. You'd have to have the proper
type of music. Like you take two sticks, put 'em
together, make fire. You take some notes and rub 'em
together - dum, dum, dum, dum - fire, cosmic fire."
                                            -Sun Ra