RE: Ambient effects -- something wild and crazy, please!

On Mon, 25 Aug 1997, Erik Ljones wrote:

> This guy just made me aware of a new effect called a pixellator from DOD.
> For some reason I don't like this company, but the effect was described
>as
> creating "wild sonic landscapes this side of delirum" or something along
>the
> lines of that, so I might check it out anyway. I think it is packaged
>with a
> bunch of the standard effects though....I really don't need another 50
>types
> of digital distortion, if you know what i mean? Does anyone else have any
> more information on this?

I believe it's one of the effects included on the G10 rack unit which I've
seen running for $240-$275. In addition to the pixellator and ring
modulator it includes the usual bag of tricks. Check out DOD's web site at
http://www.dod.com/ for specifics. This is the succesor to the G7 which
got some pretty lousy reviews on Harmony Central. So far no reviews of
the G10 have been posted yet.

-Adam

---
       "...if one strives at hearing for the sake of constant virtue,
       out of seeking liberation from cyclic existence, gradually one
                           becomes a Hearer."
                           - Chandrakirti