Re: scums stripper

>This is very curious.  It seems that I've made some assumptions about SCMS
>which are incorrect.  As a test, I just did as you said, and put a disc I
>recorded on the CDR870 (my own material, analog input) into my CD deck,
>linked up the digital out and the CDR digital in.  Copied fine, as you
>say.
>Then I did the same with a disc I had made from a commercial music CD (on
>the 870, digital in)--and it STILL copied OK!  So I made a copy from a
>copy
>of a commercial disc, all digitally.  When the heck does SCMS kick in,
>anyway?

Whoa!!! Copied OK from a copy of a commercial CD!?!  Could you repeat this
test with another CD?  I'd be VERY interested in hearing about your
results!

SCMS _should_ take effect on the second generation, but it dosn't appear to
be working on your machine.  Anyone else have a CDR870?  Can you replicate
these results?

If you get the same results, the CDR870 might just be the cheapest pro
(non-SCMS) digital recorder in the known universe (BONUS!)

Let me know if you discover anything else!  You may have just saved
yourself (and a lot of the rest of us) 200 bones!  (Won't tell you what MY
girlfried would assume I was talking about if I told her I wanted to spend
$200 on a scum stripper)

-Doug Tapia