Re: Price sharing etiquette

Hey,

You said:

<It appears to me that sharing price information (or any non-proprietary
<information, for that matter) can only benefit us all.  The only ones who
<don't benefit are the retailers who are overcharging for their products,
<and I have no problem if they lose business.

As someone that used to word in a retail music store, I'd have to say that
you
couldn't be more wrong.  Do you have any idea what the markup on a piece of
musical equipment is?  How about less than 20%.  In a high compatition
situation, it is usually as little as 10 or 5%.  Where they get you is for
excessories and sheet music.  Anyway, next time you mail order something
cheap, just think about the day that there wont be a local music store to
go
and check stuff out in.
--
Mark Sottilaro
http://web.syr.edu/~msottila

"I know who you are baby
I've seen you go into that meditative state
You're the snake charmer, baby
and you're also a snake
You're a closed circuit...

                                     --Laurie Anderson