Re: Loopers-Delight-d Digest V99 #92

Date: Mon, 08 Mar 1999 14:42:11 -0600
From: "Michael S. Yoder" <myoder@tamiu.edu>
To: Loopers-Delight@annihilist.com
Subject: Are computers "real life?"

On Sunday March 7, Javier Miranda V. wrote the following in response to a
message by Bob H.:

>I highly object to your judgement about computers not being part of real
>life.  Just because they didn't exist when you were a kid doesn't make
>them
>less real.  When your great-grandfather was a kid there were no cars!
>That
>doesn't mean that they are not as real to you as the horse-and-buggy.
>       Don't inflict on others the concept that "life" is only what "you"
>think it
>is, dude.

(Bob H. reply to Javier Miranda V.)

Are you some kind of IDEOT or what??? You go right ahead and
"Highly Object" to what I said. Fact is, that little tight-holed
anus-sphincker boys such as yourself have such a little mind, that
you had to take offense at a statement that I made. I wasn't even
talking to you, anyway! Get up out'cha chair and away from your
friggen puter and just take it like a man...quit cher whinin and
bellly-achin!
Now- I'm not that old, punk! As you can see, I use a computer everyday, so
I have PLENTY of room to speak about the subject. Not only that, but,
Dude,
you know absolutely NOTHING about me. So don't go making accusations that
I'm
some kind of "old Fart" (or whatever). Fact is, that computers WERE
around when I was young...they still are! So- just what do YOU know
about computers anyway, exept what resides in front of you with a
mouse and keyboard and all the latest software upgrades that the
techno-computer media throws at'cha from dat to day? You tell me in
detail about how computers got where they are today...I'm sure you
don't know!

Myself- I just don't look at computer technology as some relegious shrine-
that to disagree with it is somehow "sacreligious". Lately, I've had way
too
much digital crap crammed down my throat and I sure as hell don't
need some computer techno-dweeb punk like Javier Miranda try'n ta put me
down!

Javier, next time ya have a gripe, ya better state in a more dignified
way...know
what the HELL your talk'n about B4 you state your opinion!

For those of you who have read this, please understand- I don't have
a problem with computer technology...it's the attitude towards it, as
you have just seen with Javier Miranda.