RE: Field Recordings/Loops, etc.

Along these lines (but in the "Classical" bins, on Catalyst along with
Cage!) you might enjoy Einojuhani Rautavaara's "Cantus Arcticus" (1972), a
"Concerto for Birds and Orchestra" where multiple layers of taped wild
birds are played along with live instrumentation as an integral part of the
piece. Not looping, though...

Loop Guru, on the other hand, use loops of birds all the time! Jamuud
rules!

Tim

At 03:52 PM 6/4/99 -0400, you wrote:

album "Ummagumma." The backing is a tape loop of a bird singing (species
unknown).