Re: when the EDP upgrade is ready

At 10:47 AM -0700 7/14/99, Bret wrote:
>Kim,
>I realize that you don't control how Gibson handles
>distribution of firmware upgrades, but perhaps you
>could voice a request to them from me.

"hmmmm"

>When they begin sales of Eproms with new firmware for
>the EDP, could they allow us to return the old Eproms
>for a bit of credit?  I don't mind paying for the
>code, but it seems wasteful to throw away working
>Eproms, and buy 2 more per EDP.
>
>After all, Eproms are eraseable and reprogrammable.
>Why not recycle them?

two eproms cost about $2.50, probably less. subtract postage, labor for
organizing it, putting the used ones in the eraser, depreciation for used
electronics parts, etc., and your credit is going to be pretty damn small.
I wouldn't expect much there.

>When the next code upgrade is available I will have
>accumulated 10 edp eproms from older revs.  All I
>really need is the new programming.

You should save them. That LD3.3.0 code could have vintage value someday.
:-)

kim