Re: OT: distortion pedal advice

Michael Tuminello wrote:

> I'm looking for a distorion pedal.

> I'm particularly a Prince fan, but you could think NIN, Duran Duran,
> vs. the warm fuzzy classic rock sound.

I've found the Proco TURBO Rat to be the most used pedal in my 50+
stmpbox collection. Well at least the most used distrotion. It sounds
great on just about everything including guitar and heavily processed
guitar. I've tried seven RAT pedals and always come back to the Turbo
for tone as well as overall flexibilty of sound.

Two other options;

Ibanez Fat Cat - Warm thick sound with a very effective EQ knob

Boss HM2 - It says heavy metal but if you mess with the high and low EQ
knobs and gain level you'll get a lto more.

The best part? All of these pedals are readily available and cheap as
hell. (Well the fat cat is growing in vintage status but still can be
found cheap most of the time). If you can't find one locally Daddy's
used gear by mail usually has 2-10 in stock at any time for under $50.
buy 'em all!

On a final note you might want to check out the Korg (G4 ??) distortion
processor. This is a red floor unit with 5 different distortion types
and two filtered modes. Lots of control in EQ, gain, and such and you
can set up 9 presets and switch from a warm overdrive to a 60s harmonic
fuzz all with twidle control with one stomp.

     HELP WANTED PRODUCTIONS - Http://www.voicenet.com/~legion
"Bringing you the best in Organic Electronic music since we started..."

Home of the Unusual Instrument and Recording Gallery with pictures and
info of Tube recorders, Omnichords, weird guitars, Casios, and more.