Re: passive pick ups

Renaldo,

In a message dated 02/13/00 7:51:26 AM, renaldo@renaldo.freeserve.co.uk
writes:

>i am looking for a warmer sound from my guitar but i dont
>know if changing the pickups will make much difference.

Changing pickups can have either subtle or dramatic difference in the
sound
of your instrument depending upon the pickups themselves and the
instrument
in particular. I don't know anything much about steinbergers but I do know
thing or two about pickups. I used to work for Seymour Duncan and they
make
hundreds of varieties of pickups to suit any guitar/player/style/need.

All I can say is check out all of the manufacturers websites and submit
your
inquiry as a tech question. Anybody should be ablr to at least offer some
educated suggestiuons and answer any other questions you might
have--Duncan,
EMG or Dimarzio. Honnestly, they all make pretty good products. I may have
my
own bias but I won;t burden you with that.

Ted Killian