Re: software multilooper

Ok, I'm jumping into this conversation with both feet, and hoping I don't
land
on my face 'cuz both are in my mouth.

I have a Kyma system and I've been planning on making rhythm recognizers
and
such with it.  It has alot of sound analysis tools, expandability, and
real-time
processing power.  I 'd like to create an "adaptive looper".  Feed it
samples
and it mutates them according to some plan.  The plan may be extracted
from the
sound, of course.  So I'm quite interested in what you're doing.  I don't
speak
MAX so can you translate to more general terms?  I plan on getting MAX
when the
PC version becomes available (June, I understand) but until then I ask your
indulgence.

BTW: I'm not familiar with "The Computer Music Tutorial".  The info on
amazon.com is quite intriguing.  Comments?

Dennis Leas
dennis@mdbs.com