Re: Jamman V0.4 + MIDI control

Hello all loopers!
        I just thought I'd pipe in about Bob's new ROM.  I think to really
dive into what it can do, you need a really good MIDI controller of some
kind, as the original interface/display on the JamMan is "terse" at best
(Bob's own word).  The display being what it is, the only way you can
really access the new features is through MIDI.  It's also helpful to make
new labels for the front panel, since he's changed what the front panel
LEDs and knob positions are.
        It's really cool to have available on a page, up to 4 simultaneous
loops at the same time each with pan and level control (but still only 32
seconds max time).  If you use really short loops, you can have multiple
pages with up to 4 loops per page.
        My favorite thing he has incorporated into the ROM is that the
Delay mode (with feedback control) is now available while looping.  I know
the EDP already does this (I own and use both the JamMan and EDP) but it's
great to have it on the JamMan now as well.  I think there is at least one
bug in the software (mostly an audio bug when you do a specific function)
but for the most part it's fairly stable, no crashing or anything.
        It's a shame that Bob can't get any  support for new loops at Lex,
because I think this ROM could be a great starting point on a newer
generation JamMan with updated hardware, display, etc and would be a nice
new addition to the looping world.
        I'm using the Digitech PMC-10 (so far so good) to access my JamMan
and EDP and I was wondering how you other folks with MIDI controllers set
up your banks, patches, etc.  Do you set them up to access all the
functions that you want to control of one particular piece of gear in each
bank (kind of the way I do it now, I have a JamMan bank, EDP bank, effects
bank, etc) or do you set each bank up to be song or piece specific where
you have control over several loopers, effects, etc. all in the same bank.
I'm just looking for any feedback to get me to look at this stuff
differently and try things I hadn't thought of before. Thanks in advance!

Kim, I have a new email address if you want to change it on the LD JamMan
webpage.

Loop on

Ed