Bad Feedback - was Re: ebow, acoustic looping,...

Yes, I did have a volume pedal set in front of the return, that is how I
managed
to save my ears.  My point is I am only able to get a very short span of
interesting sound before the whole thing melts down.  I have tried this
with the
2.8 second delay in a Boss GT-5 and the 14 second delay in the DL/4.  I
have not
tried it with the EDP for fear it could cause damage.

I had this notion that since I was putting the return signal though a delay
there would not be an instantaneous overload of ear spliting noise.  It
seems to
me that, even though the majority of the signal is delayed, electical
devices
have an inherant level of noise and it is this noise that is not delayed
which
causes the bad feedback.

I just remembered a schematic for a 6X6 feedback mixer by David Lee Myers
that
was posted here a while back.  Anyone using this?

-Allan