OT: Steinberger Guitars

Sorry about the OT. I was just looking at the Ed Roman Guitars site,
checking to see if there was an update on Steinberger.

Check out what it says: "The factory has still not reopened, It now
appears that they are never going to reopen.

  I believe that at the rate they are going they won't ship any product
until 2002......Steinberger Patents are all expiring. By Sept 2000 I will
be making bridges that retrofit."

Anyone know if this is true? If it is, it is "music to my ears", so to
speak. I might actually be able to get that left handed Klein w/ lefty
Trans-Trem that I've been dreaming about, eventually. (I'm, of course,
left handed and I only know about one lefty Trans-Trem: Ned Steinberger
created the lefty version at the request of the Cars's Elliot Easton. I've
never heard about or seen another, ever.)

Sorry again for the OT, but I thought someone on here might know some more
about this and seeing how many of you on here use Steiny's, it seems like
a good place to ask.

Ben Porter.

What are you N2?  Choose from 150 free e-mail addresses.
http://www.n2mail.com