waterphones and other cool instruments

I was going to ask what a waterphone was, but found a webpage describing
one :
http://www.spacebeat.com/waterphone/

must be a great instrument to loop I would think.....cool

Speaking of interesting instruments - has anyone heard or seen the Blue
Man Group do their thing - I saw them in NYC recently and they had a
3-piece with a zither playing getting some great sounds and quite
possibly using looping also. It looked like it was split into chordal
and lead zones. It was dark and the band was hard to see, but it
appeared that the zither player was setting up chordal-type sustaining
sounds on one zone of the instrument and playing lead-type stuff on a
different zone.

Anyway, I would be interested in hearing about other cool electric or
acoustic instruments that are interesting sounding (and maybe suitable
for loopy type stuff).

Darcy

magicicada@mindspring.com wrote:

> Loopers-Delightwell since i use no guitars  and opt for samplers with
>live loops from my mics and modular synths
>
> i guess i would breakdance
> dude i am electro besides my waterphone and well i could play the kids
>that
>
> @annihilist.com wrote:
> > In a message dated Wed, 28 Jun 2000  1:07:32 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
>magicicada@mindspring.com writes:
> >

> So if a cable goes bad, or something in your signal path crashes, or
>(insert disaster here), what will you do?  Sing?  It's bound to happen
>sooner or later...
>
> curious,

Ph: (734) 764 3377
Email: darcyc@engin.umich.edu