Re: RE: bad night, or: instruments

> I couldn't live on a diet of acoustic alone, and I'm not suggesting
>anyone should.  Nor am I suggesting in the least that being solely
>electric is bad either, no way.  I like my devices a lot, whether they
>are EDP or espresso machine.

Me too... point taken.

> Buying a $10 cable doesn't usually help.  Having a spare cable does.
>Going through my rig every few months and checking, reconnecting, etc.
>does.

Clean house often...

> I think it's great to 'be electro' or whatever.  Just  pack spares.
>Having a plan B has saved me from saying 'sorry' to the audience once or
>twice.

Agreed... having to say "No Show" is a real drag... can't say I've ever
had it get that drastic due to equipment. I've certainly played through
gear I never thought I would when problems did occur though.

> Saw Wire play in Chicago in May.  They used to use electronics to the
>point where the drummer quit, having found himself unneccesary.  Now they
>play guitars (with lots of stompboxes) and drums.  The reinterpretation
>necessary for this made for some interesting versions of songs.

This concept keeps me coming back to (relative) simplicity... It's
revealing how sometimes performance, sound and arrangements benefit from
simpler more spare re-interpretation.

-Miko