Re: Boomerang is loud

>I just picked up a boomerang last week and when I plugged it in, I found
>it
>to be very loud.  Through adjusting the I/O levels on the back, I found I
>could get rid of the hiss, but then the until would start clipping.
>Basically, it looks like I can either have the clip light be constantly
>on,
>or deal with a lot of background noise.  For any of you with a boomerang,
>does yours do this too, or do I need to send this baby in as defective?
>
>-Steve

It's been my experience that the I/O setting on the rang is pretty touchy.
I found the spot where it works with my setup and marked it on the back.
One of the bad things about the rang is that the input level control gets
knocked around almost every time I pack it up. Play around with it and see
if you can find the semi-sweet spot where it's not clipping too often and
not too noisy.

Dave Trenkel : improv@peak.org
Minus Web Site: http://listen.to/minusmusic
Minus MP3's: http://www.mp3.com/-minus-