Re: If an mp3 sits on an un-hit website, does it make a sound?

On or around 10:12 AM 6/29/00 -0600, Mark Sottilaro said:
>Two things.  Community and exposure.  mp3.com spends a shitload of cash
>to put
>itself in the public eye, and while I'm not looking to be a rockstar, it
>would
>be nice to have people here what I'm doing.  If an mp3 sits on an un-hit
>website, does it make a sound?

Nope..it doesn't.  I started plugging my mp3.com site (
http://www.mp3.com/thereverendrob) consistently, and voila!  I suddenly
have listeners, and private album sales and interest in what I'm doing.

While I may not be too fond of their corporate policies or the fact that
they cater mostly to burgeoning rock stars, I am fond of the fact that I'll
be receiving a check for $150 or so in the next couple weeks for playbacks.

93/156
==
the Reverend Rob      ICQ: 1280871
http://www.realm-of-shade.com .`. .`. .`. .`. http://www.qblh.com
"I prefer not to kill people, but I'd like to destroy as much
 property as possible." - Grace Slick, from the Airplane FBI file
http://www.reverendrob.com : feedback and echo MP3s