Re: RE: in-Ear Monitors?

> Or is there some sort of compression/limiting device in the earpiece?
>If not, i wouldn't put those things in my ears unless it was MY soundman
>(which to date, i've never had...) or if i was really familiar with the
>gear/room/etc.

There's usually a belt pack, either wired or wireless, which includes some
form of compression or hard limiting as well as some mix options... you in
left, band in right... plain stereo...

> On a positive note, i recently had custom molded earplugs made for me,
>and from what i understand, you can use these same molds to create the
>earpieces for in-ear monitor systems.  They are terribly comfy...

You bet... you're half way there. The wired Garwood M-Pack is around $400
bucks and you could have the little drivers fitted to a pair of earmolds.
Check with the HEAR organization... Here's a few URL's dealing with
IEM's...

http://www.bandaland.com/clients/hearnet/text/inear_monitor.html

http://precisionweb.com/

http://www.sensaphonics.com/products/index.html