Re: fretless, gratitude- recommended loop box?

Thanks for your post, steve.

i'm sure i was responding off the cuff, as well.

i'm just in a new situation learning guitar and theory.  i've been
playing close to 20 years now (seriously for about 12), and i'm
completely self taught (both in guitar playing, other instruments and
electronics).

so i'm sitting in my room, studying this stuff that occasionally
makes my brain hurt...trying to wrap my head around these ideas...i
need time to digest it, then manifest it through my fingers. time is
limited enough, plus with a full time job, wife and other
priorities....grrrr...

and the loopers i have, plus the other toys are sitting there,
begging to have their little knobs twirled.  often i find it easier
to migrate towards them, and get caught up in messing about.  i'm
also a gear addict making an attempt to kick or at least curb my
intake.  the theory that i'm learning is difficult for me, but
ultimately very rewarding.  and it's jus' me and the acoustic guitar.

so i'm sure your comment of "don't simplify, buy everything..." hit
me wrong, given the headspace i'm in.

thanks for your thoughts!  and you're right...most all in one boxes
do kinda suck, imo.

>and to your analogies, if you where looking to put together a good band,
>company, family, state or other entity involving multiple people would
you want a handful of identical's or a gestalt of mixed talents

well, hell, i'd want a handful if identical's...jus' like ME!!!  :)
i'd try to loop myself and hit multiply...oh, damn, that's right, i
don't have an EDP.

crap. ah, well perhaps lots of analog copies, each with their own
progressive deterioration and interesting artifacts?  nah, never
mind, the original is scrambled enough...

best,

rich