RE: Using tap tempo on Repeater

One more thing regarding tap tempo.  This concerns Repeater users that plan
on using a Yamaha MFC10.

Apparently the MFC10 has a slight latency issue (that compounds the
pre-excising midi latency issue) and can pose problems when trying to
control time-critical functions such as tap, record and play.  I haven't
received my MFC10 yet, so I am using a Digitech FS-300 TRS controller.  My
thought was that I would use the FS-300 as a dedicated Play/Stop-Record and
Tap Tempo while using the midi pedal board to control other functions (as
well as other units).  But apparently the TRS pedal only controls
Play/Stop-Record and UNDO.  Tap tempo will only be available in the form of
MIDI control (aside form the front panel control).  So I guess there will
be
no way around using midi to control tap tempo from the floor...

I asked the folks at Electrix to please try and make the TRS pedal somewhat
programmable in the next software upgrade.

--
Tim