Re: Why I produce LOOPING FESTIVALS: is looping a valid musicalartform?

Hey Rick... Since you've posted this thread, I thought I might comment on
community.

You recently asked me to take part in both the San Jose Museum looping
demonstrations as well as a short set at the Cayuga Vault. In both
instances
you said you'd get back to me with the specifics of both gigs. Recently you
alluded to my volume level as a possible concern and said the last *two*
times I was incredibly loud.

I WAS incredibly loud at the Bulkhead Gallery and expected that you would
manage the front of house level as you did for the other performers.
Leaving
it at that level and attributing it to me seems wrong. I DID turn down
where
I could at my mixer and continued playing. I had graciously offered my
system as monitors for the rest of the performers and had to re-stage the
gain structure to allow for nearly everyone's dismal -3 or less db level...
when it came to my set, I fired up at my usual +3-+5 db and guess what?
Heavy volume...

If you're talking about my processing at the Voice and Electronics Fest...
DID use some grating textures, some very dry, which does *sound* loud. I
also remember actively listening and watching you and responding to any of
your cues immediately. So I'm not sure if this was the case, but if this
wasn't the gig, what were you referring to?

Did the Cayuga benefit happen? If so, I'm sorry I wasn't informed and
brought up to date on my playing times etc. That's if I was still
invited...
I'm getting the feeling I was excluded due to some perception problems and
wonder if there's anything I can actually do to alter that perception. If
not, I would be sad to somehow find myself outside the accepted roster of
performers you choose to work with.

Yours truly,
-Miko