Re: Looping is overrated :)

> OK forgive the baiting title but there is a point to this. From all the
> recent discussions on moving to somewhere else because the "loop
> community" seems stronger, to Loopfests and such I felt I had to pipe
> up.

Ok, I've got to pipe up here.  I view a looper as a tool for making music.
I also view a guitar as a tool for making music.  I also view a set of
tabla
drums as a tool for making music.  Now if I want to learn to play the
tabla,
I mean really learn to play the tabla;  would you tell me that its useless
to move to India?  That I can learn everything I need to know to make music
by staying right where I am and playing tabla at clubs along with guitar
players, and conga drummers????

Humans are by nature very creative beings.  However each person has there
own way of looking at things, and interaction with others - especially
other
people who have more experience - can really shape a person's outlook.
This
is why I have really valued the two looping festivals, and un-countable
private loop jams that I have had the pleasure taking part in.
jon