Re: re[2]: granular looping- and a hush falls

pf,

>hey Evan I think you may be on to something:
>strange sometimes how i mentioned this subject several
>times since October of last year, and when I mention
>that I have been doing some form of what I call SONIC
>Snowflaking the list goes limp.
no idea what evan said, here, but.....
for myself, i was not attempting to describe 'granular looping': i was
just
quoting kim flint's personal EDP-oriented explication thereof, for someone
who wanted to know from whence said thread began.
anyway.....
there's no telling whatall this list might fancy, as far as threads
go.....

>now what I am attempting to do pushes the envelope
i'm certainly glad that you do what you do w/looping, p, but -for myself-
i've come to realise that i've yet to see any 'envelope'..... 'envelope'
(when it comes to music/art/looping) seems to be a social/consensual
function, and thereby, somewhat suspect as regards any kinda *personal*
benchmarks for expression.....

some people think that trey anastasio is pushing the 'envelope', some
folks
see radiohead as pushing the 'envelope', some believe that pauline
oliveros
pushes the 'envelope', some folks see fiona apple as p.t.e, some feel that
garbage p.t.e., john adams, moby, etc etc.
so, where *is* the edge of the damned envelope?
i opine that:
if it's there, at all, it's gonna recede from view..... endlessly.

i'm babbling, again.....

>which is why I am interested in what others are doing,
tutto bene, dude.
best,
dt / splattercell