Re: EDP Hardware Interface

Andre -

I'll submit we may disagree on this.    Imagine if the Aurisis team were to
write software for the Repeater hardware/memory configuration.

Guitarists and Keyboardists "think" differently based on the way their
instrument is laid out. Once they get some musical theory, years of playing
etc.. they can relate and think "outside" of their instrument, their
musical
interface.

Hardware/Software live in symbiosis -- e.g.; WINTEL

Try looking at a T.C. Electronics GForce interface and see if that gives
you
a few ideas.

EDP software is great stuff.  Love it.  I think it's the balls.  It's
extremely inventive and clever, and makes great use of the existing
hardware.  To me it's much more intuitive than its 90's stable-mate the
JamMan ever was.  Interestingly, the EDP uses a few extra buttons too.
Coincidence?

The current EDP hardware it will never retain samples/loop when the power
is
off, -- if it did, you'd want a way to pick from among stored
loops/samples.
Nor will it allow multiple loops simultaneously with different loop lengths
and speeds -- if it did you'd want a way to indicate which loops you want
"operate" on -- while the others are also playing.

OK. I'll let someone else have the last word on this.  I think I've said
all
I can say.  It's up to Trace/Gibson to do a cost/benefit analysis and
determine predictably there's no benefit.

I'll wait for the DVD tutorials to help a regular punter old like myself
learn new EDP capabilities.

David