My own midi experimentations

I've used the Roland FC200 running in parallel with the 1010, with an
extra expression pedal and footswitch, and am experimenting with
different layouts for the control. What it gives me is a hell of a lot
of control of the repeater. At any one time, I can have 21 control
switches, and individual volume control for the 4 tracks. I'm also
getting around to plugging the Oxygen8 back into the setup so that I can
control the panning and pitch of the Repeater.....

However, with the need to control other gadgets hands free, the only
decent solution that I have found for myself is more foot-pedals/midi
sensors. Its like building a control room, and visualising what you have
in a physical form. Once that is there, set up around you and you are
familiar with the setup, then you can play hands free with the eyes
closed - The subconcious controlling the equipment.

Something that a visualised a while back is at
http://mapage.noos.fr/solostring/floorplan.gif - a rough idea.... and
just a concept.

I dont know... intelligent midi controllers are not my thing... even
bank changes get in the way for me.... Am I alone in lusting for so many
foot switches?

:)

--
Stuart Wyatt : The Solo String Project : http://solostring.com