RE: Unidentified sub actually MIDI peds

> I actually read about this delay after i had already purchased the pedal,
>  and i must say that i don't notice that in mine, so i thought that might
>  have been on individual units, rather than the 'rule' for the device.

The "tech guy" at Yamaha UK didn't know this either.
...and it certainly didn't seem to be his job to find out.

Its unlikely to be a fault that develops in some units only, and
maybe Yamaha have an upgraded EPROM which fixes this,
but are just keeping quiet about it.
...or maybe it just isn't something they give any thought to.

>  Perhaps it IS there, but i don't notice it, because by my design, my
looping
>  strategy involves creating slightly oblong loops, rather than 'perfect'
>  ones.  Who's to say which came a dictated first, the strategy or the
>  'delay'?  : )

If you can live with always losing the attack of the first note
and things don't need to be rhythmically precise then you
should rejoice in the wealth of MFC-10 functions ;-)
(all those expression pedal inputs too)

>  I guess i'd have to do a side-by-side test of the two pedals, or is
>there
>  another way of confirming this 'delay' which i have not noticed to this
>  point?

Just connect it to a MIDI module (or keyboard) and play some notes.
I had "tech guy" doing this at the other end of the phone line, and
could hear him banging the switches way before the sound started.
(but remember, a lot  of those MIDI keyboard sounds have a delay of their
own)

Personally I find it to be a massively obvious delay
to all functions, and quite useless for loop control.
I'd definately avoid buying Yamaha after this.

>  cheers,
>  jim.

andy butler