Re: Many questions---

1- Where can I buy the Echoplex Digital Pro? Are they still being made, or
are they discontinued?

www.altomusic.com.  yes.  no.

2- I want a device that can sustain notes for a certain period of time -
like the sustain pedal of a piano. What device can do this? (with acoustic
sounds, NOT synth sounds)

keep your finger on the fret.  or, a simple delay might do what you want.
set the feedback to 65% and the note will ring out and sustain, then fade
away.

 3- Has anyone had experience with pitch transposers that are fairly
realistic, and work well? By "work well" I mean that they work well with
voice, and sound realistic.

like a harmonizer?  eventide is tops.  try tc electronics too.

-jim