vst loop plugin

not sure how many of you out there do any looping inside a computer, but i
thought i'd ask anyway...

with a vst effect, you can capture/record an audio stream for as long as
you
have memory available in your pc.  now, given the limitations of working
entirely inside a vst host (no custom control surface, just midi devices
like keyboards/knob boxes)... what would you like to see the plugin be able
to do to the captured audio stream?  and do you see this as feasible to use
with the kind of performance you do?

i know at least some of you are curious about or have already started
working with apps like ableton live, so some level of interest in working
with computers exists.  curious as to what people are thinking.

ALSO... we still need two or three more people to help us with our vst
plugin.  anybody else want to help test/play with an early version of the
above concept?

paul