Re: OT: ebay sniping

> You are forgeting about one issue no matter how you might try to be the
> last bidder it still may fail due to network and web application (eBay
> web interface) latency, so it still ends up being very random as to
> predictability of timing. Your network path to eBay could be swamped due
> to any number of issues including a DNS update to a router.

Yes, network latency is significant and needs to be considered.  However, I
was referring to ebay's own auto proxy bidding, which I presume runs on the
their server so latency is insignificant in that case.

Third party autobidding software definitely has to contend with
unpredictable Internet latencies.

Dennis Leas
dennis@mail.worldserver.com