amp modeler...

i would agree on the amp modeling ability of recent technology.
i think it sounds pretty decent (and  i'm using the cheapest of the
cheap-a digitech rp100, it has decent sounds; perfect-no, but decent).

all it will take is someone down the road/in the future will find a
a way to mangle amp modelling and twist it to something cool/bizarre
and then it will be the "hot sound for the moment".

i find that my rp100 sounds best using it in conjuntion w/ my zoom 9150
tube preamp--kind of a hybrid use. you get "warm sound of tube" mixed w/
the clarity of digital modeling.

but i doubt tube amps will die in popularity. people need options.
s---